What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is a condition that usually affects your ears and affects your hearing capabilities. It is a kind of condition that affects your ear. Because of this condition, you have to hear some unbearable noises. Such as sounds like clicking, hiss, roaring, buzzing and ringing. These sounds can be listened by you only because there is no actual sound present in the air. That’s the reason no one will be able to listen these sounds other than you. This condition is called tinnitus. One of the main cause of this condition is that the damage of inner ear cells that are tiny and sensory. When damage happens to these tiny ear cells then your ear starts dysfunctioning causing in tinnitus problem.
It is a condition that mostly affects those people who have almost 50 years of their age because after this stage of life your hearing capabilities are start decreasing and it is also an age where most of the people complaints about hearing problems. sometimes you might have went to a party or at any place where loud sounds are normally exists and there you might have been exposed to loud or acute noise this could be another reason of this condition. Tinnitus is not an illness itself but it is a group of disease that cause this condition that may include brain tumor and other tumor near the year, ear wax buildup, loud noise exposure, pregnancy, anemia, blood flow problems etc.
All the above reasons could be the cause of this ear problem. Today we will discuss some of the facts related to tinnitus. Those facts are:
Some of the Most Important Facts about Tinnitus
- Some people think that if you have tinnitus problem then you may become the victim of deafness which is totally a misconception, yes it is true that can affect your capabilities of hearing but it doesn’t mean you are going to be deaf.
- Tinnitus is not a disease itself but it is a health condition and this condition can rise for various reasons such as some underlying health problems, ear infection and other ear diseases.
- It can occur in one ear or in both ears depending on the condition.
- It can be considered as neurological condition, but some people often related it to mental or emotional problem. Yes it is true that after being affected by this condition. People gets stressed and broke down emotionally. But still it is no a psychological condition.
- Smoking can also worsen this condition because smoking cigarettes reduces the amount of oxygen that is transported to your brain and this can worsen your condition. Therefore stop smoking if you are suffering from tinnitus.
- There are two types of this condition. The first one is known as subjective tinnitus. It is a condition where only you can hear those sounds that doesn’t exists in reality. The second condition is called objective tinnitus. It is a condition where your physician could be able to listen those sounds during the examination of your ear.
- It sounds may vary from person to person they are often described as hissing, roaring, whistling, ringing, whooshing, clicking and chirping.
- Some people think that it is a rare condition but that’s not true. Around 10-12% people experience tinnitus at some point of their life.
- According to a new survey about 1 in 5 teenagers suffer from this codition permanently.